Any Updates ??

Aug 14, 2008 at 4:52 PM
Hi All,

Jim is there any updates on the open source version or is it the same as the last update ? thanks in advance

Cheers
David
Aug 14, 2008 at 5:57 PM
David,

There may be some small changes, but nothing major. The next major thing we are working on is the static issue that some people are reporting after hold music is played.

-alpha
Sep 16, 2008 at 10:52 PM
Edited Sep 18, 2008 at 11:39 PM
Hello,

We are also having this " Bad Static Roar" issue on all call types, internal (ext to ext calls) as well as both inbound & outbound external calls. Several of our customers have also complained of this as it is a very loud static sound that seems to occur on perhaps every other call.

I thought this may be a codec issue, however, regardless of whatever codec changes were made, nothing helped. All of our greetings are recorded in the correct 8kHz, 16 bit mono Wav format and I even converted our music on hold files to the same format, nothing helped.

I finally removed all of our Music on Hold files and the static roar problem has now gone away!
We do however want to use our Music on Hold............

If anyone knows of a fix or has ideas, it would be greatly appreciated!

Other than this problem, our CallButler system has been working great!

UPDATE: We are now experiencing this loud static issue again during random calls, so removing the Music on Hold files did not seem to solve this.........

We absolutely prefer & want to use CallButler, however, we are at a complete loss as to what is causing the static blowup. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance! 
Sep 23, 2008 at 7:39 AM
We've been scratching our heads here for months on this one. Some people get it. Some people don't. Some people get it every once and a while. We haven't been able to reliably reproduce it EVER. If we could definitively find a way to reproduce it every time it would be really easy to fix, but so far no one has been able to do it. Is there anyone out there who can reproduce this issue reliably?$0$0$0$0-alpha$0
Sep 25, 2008 at 12:34 PM
Edited Sep 25, 2008 at 12:36 PM
Hi All,

Jim could it be a provider issue ?? We have found that most of our issues go back to our provider.

Cheers
David
http://supremeresurfacing.com.au 
Sep 25, 2008 at 9:46 PM
Hello Guys,

I actually tried three different voip service providers (Callcentric, Teliax, Broadvoice), made no difference whatsoever.
Tried a multitude of different codec variations as well within CallButler and IP phones, made no difference.

Unfortunately I had to remove Callbutler for now as i was unable to solve this problem with the static blowup (best way i can describe it !).

Our customers would actually hang-up when it occured, it was this bad!

I like Callbutler enough that we purchased a license approx 8 months ago, and wish we could get this bug solved so that we can use it for our business again!

I am actually wondering if there is some sort of a conflict with some other installed software program since this only seems to happen to some users!
Sep 27, 2008 at 5:15 PM
We just can't seem to track this down to a provider at all. What some people have reported is that Hold Music seems to cause this issue. When you turn off hold music it seems to go away. However, I've also heard some people say that it still happens off and on even with hold music turned off.$0$0$0$0-alpha$0
Oct 26, 2008 at 2:33 PM
not sure if this helps but i only had the problem on vista  with a control group of 5 vista machines and five xp machines
Oct 29, 2008 at 3:50 AM
Maybe it is a timing issue?  Try putting your computer under heavy processor and IO load maybe running a defrag and opening your biggest program at the same time will do the trick, make a call and if that is the issue you will hear static?