PBX Problem

Aug 16, 2008 at 2:51 PM
Hi,

I've got a problem with setting up different Lines.

I've got two lines for testing.

Number 1 ist set as main number in which the welcome message appears. In Number 2 the person who called should be directed to a another person without receiving any welcome message. Number 2 is attached to a softphone.

For the softphone I use X-Lite at the moment. Actually I can make a connection to Callbutler via the softphone. I don't go directly to a SIP Provider via softphone, I use a Callbutler extension in X-Lite. I can also make calls via X-Lite.

But no comes the problem, in the PBX dialog in CallButler it doesn't show me any active connections, but in fact X-Lite shows me an active -and- working connection to my CB extension. So when I want to direct an incoming call to line number 2 -> softphone, nothing happens. I selected in the options direct to my ip phone.
I think the fact that it isn't listed as "active" in the PBX is causing this misbehaviour. Do I need to open some Ports in the firewall configuration from the router, or what else could cause this problem ? Any idea would be appreciated.

Best Regards

Aug 17, 2008 at 1:28 PM
Well, for some reason it works now. I changed nothing. It shows me the active connection to my ip phone.
Coordinator
Aug 18, 2008 at 1:17 AM
LucasKo,

Glad to see it works. This behavior you are seeing is in most cases normal. Depending on the settings of your phone, it can sometimes take 30 seconds or more for them to synch up. This is because your phone has to "register" and tell us where it's at, and most phones usually do this every 30 seconds or so.

-alpha