Callbutler behind a Firewall

Aug 19, 2008 at 3:22 PM
I am trying to setup Callbutler behind a firewall and open the necessary ports for it to function.  Most of our employees are remote workers.  I am able to register the Softphone X-lite with the PBX, but am unable to get the extensions to call each other.  My thought is that I have not opened up the appropriate ports in the router.  What other ports are necessary for extension to extension calling as well as outbound calling?

Thanks,

Mike De Laurell
Aug 19, 2008 at 10:54 PM
Hi Mike,

Can you see if you're able to call other numbers using the outbound provider registered in CallButler?

I honestly despise x-lite as a program as it quite often does not function correctly.  Are you able to get your hands on some hardware phones to see if they can call the extensions succesfully?

-Gav
Aug 20, 2008 at 12:10 AM
Edited Aug 20, 2008 at 12:18 AM
So you have already forwarded udp port 5060?  Also maybe alpha can shed some light on the rtp ports call butler uses, but I know asterisks uses 10000-20000 by default.  RTP is generally somewhere in this range 16384-32767.  But nonetheless without the RTP ports forwarded you should at the very least be able to make calls (SIP is the call signaling protocol) and hear 1 way audio at the very least if not it would all work with just 5060 forwarded.
Aug 20, 2008 at 1:06 AM
Edited Aug 20, 2008 at 1:10 AM
I have also opened up some rtp ports, 9000-9015.  We now have the ability to receive call from the outside.  However, we are still unable to place calls from X-lite to an external number or clients outside of the firewall.  Additionally, we are still working on the extension to extension problem.  All extension will be external to the company at this point. 

I have tried Asterrisk's Trixbox without much luck.  3cx was working except it would disconnect a caller within 30 seconds of the connection due to the AWK problem.  I was unable to get any help on that issue from them. 

I like the simplicity of CallButler as I was able to set it up within 3 hours along with server updates.

Mike
Coordinator
Aug 20, 2008 at 2:45 AM
You need to have a service provider registered even if you are only making IP to IP calls.  Typically, you will only need port 5060 open.  I'm guessing the issue is not having a service enabled.
Aug 20, 2008 at 3:29 AM
Asterisk doesn't make Trixbox btw.  Trixbox is actually built on asterisk, with a bunch of modules.  Do you know how to do packet captures, maybe you can capture some SIP packets for us to get the code they are failing on.  When you try to make an extension to extension call what happens?  Message, Fast Busy, Slow Busy, Dead Air?  What does the phone say, does the other phone ring?  I think extension to extension should be the first to debug since you are removing a step.