bug in data format

Aug 20, 2008 at 9:46 PM
Hi

Just to let you know that the data constants callbutler has (ex. @LongDate@) do NOT follow windows localization rules. Even though in the manual it says it does!

As you may know, in Brazil the data format is DD/MM/YYYY instead of MM/DD/YYYY as in the US.

However, if we try to save the call date in an SQL server (which btw IS configured to Brazil), it does NOT work.

We had to implement a javascript in order to pull the year (var d = new Date(); var ano = d.getFullYear(); if (ano < 10) {ano = "0" + ano}) and then save it in a SQL command as '@MonthNumber@/@DayNumber@/#anoagora# @ShortTime@'

As you can see, the command is inverted, it is in US format when it should be in Brazil format.

It took us almost 2 weeks to figure out it was a BAD bug!

So DON`T believe the manual!!!
Coordinator
Aug 20, 2008 at 11:40 PM
galonga,

Thanks for reporting this. Would you mind filling out a report in the issue tracker so we can keep track of this and fix it?
Coordinator
Aug 20, 2008 at 11:50 PM
Galonga,

So when we replace this value we are replacing it in our code with "DateTime.Now.ToLongDateString()". The Microsoft documentation says that this should result in a datetime format for the current culture of the current thread. Are you sure the computer you are running CallButler on is set to Brazil as the current culture?

-alpha
Aug 21, 2008 at 5:14 AM
yes I am sure: ALL the other updates from several sources (IIS, email server, etc) follow the proper rule: only yours has to be written upside down :)
Aug 21, 2008 at 5:24 AM
I filled out the report as you asked me.

As a thank you or whatever you know you could help me out with the problem I´m facing in http://www.codeplex.com/callbutler/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=33738

I put all my cards in this system only to find out it only works for a few minutes and then hangs. Just call (55-21) 3005-3717 a few times (oh c´mon you are going to use voip for that so it won´t be expensive!) and see for yourself!

And that is costing me sales and customers, as people keep complaining they can´t talk to us!!!
Aug 21, 2008 at 8:54 AM
Edited Aug 21, 2008 at 8:55 AM
I guess the system just wont work for you. I remember you from the old forum-- It seems that no matter how much people try to help you, you end up with the same complaint against Call Butler,

But as i said in the old forum "Perhaps it might just be you and your system" I for one had some issues at the start of our time with Call Butler and guess what ? most of the problems were the fault of "My System" Not Call Butler.

The thing is you have a choice use it or not, even if you paid for it and it wont workand if it is costing you sales it may be time to try something new !!! At some point you must weight up the cost to your sales Vs a new PBX based system that might just work for you. Godd Luck
Cheers
David
Aug 21, 2008 at 11:15 AM
Edited Aug 21, 2008 at 11:16 AM
Yes, I also remember you.

I remember you telling me in capital letters (yelling) that the reason for the problem I was having was because I did not configure a voip provider, and then making personal attacks.

Only to be then helped by Gavin, who figure out in an instant that the problem was a simple configuration problem (which the tech people could not figure out either)

So not only you did not help, but just threw more noise onto something that was easily fixed by someone REALLY commited to help others.

And guess what? Here you are again doing the same thing!

So please don´t "help" me ok? Thanks! :)