12 Million Calls per month

Sep 9, 2008 at 1:07 PM
In one of the discussions it states that there is a customer handling 12 Million calls per month with call butler.

Does anyone know the configuration of the equipment they are using to handle that volume?

I will never get to that volume but since I have to get a new box to set up CB I thought it might be a good idea to start with something that is already proven to be sucessful.

If no one knows that configurtion I would appreciate anyone who is using CB sucessfully to let me know your configuration before I make my purchasing decision.

Thanks for any feedback.

Coordinator
Sep 9, 2008 at 6:12 PM
cvegas,$0$0$0$0I don't have the exact specs in front of me, but I do know that this was done over two servers. The servers are a couple of years old and I think have around 4 gigs of memory and are Dual-Core. I can find out some more information if you need more detail.$0$0$0$0$0-alpha$0
Coordinator
Sep 9, 2008 at 6:38 PM
I believe they are dual-core 3 gHZ machines running Windows Server 2003 R2 with 3-4 gig of memory.
Coordinator
Sep 10, 2008 at 12:15 AM
As an additional note to this thread, the above mentioned CallButler customer is also processing over 300 concurrent calls through CallButler.
Sep 11, 2008 at 5:34 PM
Thanks for the feedback.

Am I correct in thinking that this is running in 64bit mode? 

I am new at this and when you say dual core I am thinking 2 processors? or is it 1 processor that has some type of designation as a dual core?

I recently purchased a used IBM server with dual Xeon 2.8GH processors and 2 GB ram.

I tried putting a 64 bit version of Astericks on it and it came back as incompatiable so I loaded the 32 bit version with no issues.

I would like to move over to CB and will purchase another box to accomplish this.

Again thanks for your feedback.

I look forward to your reply's on the above questions.

Coordinator
Sep 11, 2008 at 6:21 PM
Actually this is in 32bit mode. CallButler is compiled in 32bit because of some of the dependancies we have on some other 32bit components. However, some day it would be nice to have a 64bit version.