Say phone numbers right?

Sep 9, 2008 at 11:29 PM
First of all I would like to thank your for such a wonderful FOSS project (Free and Open Source Software).
I have an inTeliScript that reads out the @CallerUsername@ and @CallerDisplayName@ values. The calls always come from an PSTN outside line therfore @CallerUsername@ is always a phone number. However @CallerUsername does not include the dashes so when read by the computer its read like 555,555,5555 instead of 555-555-5555. Is there anyway to fix this?
Coordinator
Sep 9, 2008 at 11:40 PM
Thanks for the nice words.  You can use the Spell XML tag to have your text-to-speech engine read the individual numbers.  So the text would look like this:

<spell>@CallerUsername@</spell>

In the example above, your text to speech engine will read that number as "5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5".
Sep 10, 2008 at 12:53 AM
Hmmm that didnt seem to work.
Heres the script as I have it now:
We Show your calling from
@CallerDisplayName@

With the Caller ID of
<spell>@CallerUsername@</spell>
The date is @LongDate@.

The Time is
@ShortTime@

It just reads "Less than spell greater than" then the phone number as if it where a large number.

Coordinator
Sep 10, 2008 at 6:54 AM
Try replacing the script constant (@CallerUsername@) with a variable. 

To do this, create a new page in your script.  Use the Set Variable action.  Set the variable name, PhoneNumber to equal the value @CallerUsername@.  Then, have the script read <spell>#PhoneNumber#</spell>.