Connect directly to voice mail!

Sep 22, 2008 at 10:42 PM
Is there a way to send a caller directly to extensions voice mail?  Our setup has the find me features in use, however there are time when we need to send a caller directly to voice mail, bypassing all of the other steps.

Thank you!
Coordinator
Sep 23, 2008 at 6:41 AM
Is there any sort of reliable schedule for this? If so, then you can setup a schedule for different numbers in the find me follow me. If none of the numbers are in the current scheduled time, then it will go directly to VM.$0$0$0$0-alpha$0
Oct 1, 2008 at 1:35 AM
No there is not.  There are people in our office who are stuck in meeting and I cannot have there cell phone ringing when someone jsut need to go on there voicemail.

Thank you
Coordinator
Oct 1, 2008 at 4:19 PM
Unfortunately, there is not a way to send callers directly to voicemail.  What you could do is create duplicate extensions for your employees.  For example, Bob's "normal" extension could be 101 - this has all his Find Me/Follow Me numbers.  Bob also has a "voicemail extension" - e.g. 301 that will go directly to his voicemail (i.e., no Find Me/Follow Me numbers).  Set the email routing for both 101 and 301 to go to the same email.  So when Bob is in a meeting, the call could be forwarded to extension 301.

The only issue with this approach is that the voicemails on your CallButler server will essentially go into two different "boxes".
Oct 2, 2008 at 7:44 AM
I found a workaround that will work with our system.   I ended up setting up a speed dial on the secretary station then had it pause for a couple of seconds the enter 1 for voicemail.   This seems to be working somewhat.