Not passing caller ID

Sep 24, 2008 at 2:02 PM
hello,

Callbutler not passing the actual caller ID number from where the person is calling it from its showing my SIP provider phone. Why is that any clue.
Coordinator
Sep 27, 2008 at 4:07 PM
tiger,$0$0$0$0I'm not sure I understand the question exactly. Can you perhaps be a little more clear? Thanks!$0$0$0$0$0-jim$0
Sep 30, 2008 at 10:28 PM
tiger, most providers do not allow clients to set custom outbound callerid for outgoing calls.

If it's incoming calls, some providers set your own account-number if the one calling you have a protected number for instance.

/Rikard
Coordinator
Oct 1, 2008 at 12:01 AM
I believe what tigerbabba is referring to is that when a call comes into CallButler and is forwarded to another phone (e.g., a mobile phone), the caller ID that is passed to the mobile phone is the caller ID of the SIP provider not the caller ID of the original caller.  The call screen will provide the orginal caller ID information.  When connecting a call like this, CallButler actually conferences two calls: (1) the caller into your CallButler PBX and (2) your CallButler PBX to your mobile phone.  By keeping CallButler in the stream, it enables you to record calls, transfer calls, etc.  (Note: by checking the "Hand off call transfers" for an extension, CallButler will transfer the call, disabling things like call recording and transfer).  This is hard-coded into the system - so it can be modified, but would require a code change.  By way of background, early customer feedback was that more businesses wanted to know that they had a business call coming in on their cell (so long as the call screening feature was available) or, for those with multiple businesses, which business was calling so they knew how to answer.