Intelliscript text-to-speech does not work

Oct 9, 2008 at 3:45 AM
I am having a hard time getting the text-to-speech to work using Windows 2003.  I have a call personalization script setup so all incoming calls are answered by it.  I have the Microsoft Mike, Mary and Sam voices installed but with no avail.  If I run this on Windows 2008 or Windows Vista Microsoft Anna seems to work.  I have to install this on a Windows 2003 server.$0$0$0$0Any help is appreciated.  Thanks$0
Coordinator
Oct 9, 2008 at 4:15 PM
Mike and Mary are LH voices (Learnout and Hauspie) are not fully compliant with SAPI 5.1 and, as a result, produce no sound when used with CallButler.  See this thread for me detail http://www.codeplex.com/callbutler/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=35019.  Microsoft Sam should technically work just fine (although there is much to be said for the quality).  One suggestion is to set the default voice in Manage Settings section of CallButler.  When you create a script using the inTELiscript IVR Studio, you can leave the voice blank when using the "Speak text" action and it will use the default setting from your Manage Settings section.  This makes life much easier if you at some point decide to upgrade your TTS voices (you won't have to update all your scripts). 

One thing you want to make sure of is that you have the proper speech components on your Windows Server 2003 box.  I believe you need to have a more recent MSI pack installed.