VOIP Providers

Oct 9, 2008 at 7:15 AM
Hello,

I'm kind of new at this thing. Can you suggest any reliable VOIP Providers. Thanks in advance!!
Oct 9, 2008 at 2:53 PM
Hello,

We currently use Teliax as well as BroadVoice & have been quite pleased with both.

(Also tried Callcentric and their service seemed fine, however, for caller id they do not provide the "Caller Name" for inbound calls, only the number which I found unacceptable thus cancelling their service.

Oct 10, 2008 at 6:01 PM
I am currently using Vitelity.  For the most part i like their service, and can't beet their price!  I just have issues with lag and breakup of audio on rare occasions.(do not know if this is my ISP or SIP Service issue so......)    Also they do not support many of the sip proticals as i would like.   So I am also looking for a good sip service that allows me the same freedom i have now, just more options.  So let me know.
Oct 11, 2008 at 7:19 AM
Thanks for suggestions.. I signed up with teliax for pay as you go plan, so well see...
Oct 13, 2008 at 1:49 AM
Teliax has been a good choice for us.  Good people and reliable service.  Call Butler has a nice feature to import the Teliax account!

-Jeff
Oct 21, 2008 at 3:07 PM
i have teliax for one office and zingotel for another here is the breakdown
on service and acutually knowing what they are talking about teliax is handsdown the best the price is definelty not there strong point.

on zingotel they have subpar business customer service but once you are up with them its flawless and the price is unbeatable... so you will get heartburn initially
Oct 21, 2008 at 10:55 PM
Here is a link to Teliax

https://teliax.com/?referral_code=11

My name is Geoff Love and I'm a sale engineer for Teliax. I am more than happy to help anyone with our service. We offer residential, business and wholesale accounts.

Contact me if you have questions.

Thanks,

Geoff Love
303-629-8304
Jan 18, 2009 at 4:56 PM
I think I read somewhere that there can be multiple calls on 1 number?  Is that correct?  So you sign up for just 1 telephone number yet you can receive and / or dial multiple calls?

Coordinator
Jan 19, 2009 at 4:22 PM
Rob - the terminology you want to use is "channels".  One of the great advantages of VoIP is the ability to support multiple calls over the same number.  This dramatically simplifies administration and reduces cost over traditional PSTN services.  Think of a channel as a concurrent call.  So if you have a VoIP service with six channels, you can make/receive six concurrent calls on that number. 
  • Consumer VoIP providers like Vonage will generally offer a lower standard number of channels (e.g., 2 channels) per number.  This means that you can make/receive two concurrent calls on that number.  Often, you cannot increase this number as your needs require, you will need to purchase another number (I don't recommend this strategy).
  • Providers that offer more business-focused services typically offer more channels with their plans and allow you to increase the number of channels based on your needs.  Many also offer "pay as you go" plans - these plans offer unlimited* concurrent calls and charge a flat rate per minute.  Pay as you go plans are good options if you have a high variability in call volumes throughout the day or just aren't sure how many channels you need.
When selecting a VoIP provider, think about the needs of your business (today and in the future) and check the prospective provider as to how many channels their numbers support and if you can increase the number of channels per number.

* While the number of channels may be unlimited, your network will only be able to support so many concurrent calls.  There are VoIP bandwidth calculators out there where you can quickly determine the number of concurrent calls your network can support http://www.newport-networks.com/pages/voip-bandwidth-calculator.html
Jan 19, 2009 at 9:12 PM
Ahhh!  So should this allowable channel count be reflected in the setting of the
Manage Settings > Network > Concurrent Line Count?
If the answer is yes, then perhaps this is why I am unable to make outgoing calls because I have this set to 20. 
What happens if you have different providers, is this a global setting or a per-line setting?
Thanks for the help and info! I am liking Call Butler more and more!

- Robert

Coordinator
Jan 19, 2009 at 10:13 PM
The concurrent line count is actually different.  This is a setting used to create a hard maximum on the global number of concurrent calls (regardless of what your provider offers).  For example, if you have pay as you go type plan with unlimited channels, but your network can only support 25 concurrent calls, you would want to set a threshold of 25 in the Manage Settings > Network > Concurrent Line Count.  Otherwise, 200 people could call simultaneously and your call quality would be terrible.  So this doesn't impact what your provider offers.  The number of calls you can make/receive is a function of the lesser of (a) channels offered by your provider and (b) the Manage Settings > Network > Concurrent Line Count setting. 
Jan 19, 2009 at 10:36 PM
Got it.  Thanks for the xplanation.  So Callbutler is intuitive enough to know when it can use a telephone number or not... 
Therefore the 'per-number' setting of channels is not needed.

Mar 3, 2009 at 9:58 PM
TrinitiComm is hands down the best. Each line comes with 20 inbound and 2 outbound channels, plenty of calling features, free international calling, free softphone and more for $20 per month. The service is extremely reliable and clear also. I use them for home and business. http://tr.im/gs93.
Apr 29, 2009 at 10:20 PM
I use contacttel.com

best and unlimited channels