No Connection (Cannot connect to local host)

Oct 24, 2008 at 6:02 PM
Hello there,

I'm experiencing an error where callbutler cannot connect to local host.

Here are the error details that I'm getting:

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Time: 10/24/2008 1:59:15 PM

Application: CallButler Manager

Error: Failed to enable constraints. One or more rows contain values violating non-null, unique, or foreign-key constraints.

IP Address: 192.168.1.5

License Name: Open Source

License Key: BOA6G7C0-APCAF8A1-AVFOBPBX-D6FOB1CG

OS Version: Microsoft Windows NT 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3

Stack Trace:
Server stack trace:
   at System.Data.DataTable.EnableConstraints()
   at System.Data.Merger.MergeTable(DataTable src)
   at System.Data.DataTable.Merge(DataTable table, Boolean preserveChanges, MissingSchemaAction missingSchemaAction)
   at System.Data.DataTable.Merge(DataTable table)
   at WOSI.CallButler.Data.DataProviders.Local.CallButlerXmlDataProvider.GetCallHistory(Int32 customerID)
   at WOSI.CallButler.Service.Services.ManagementInterfaceService.GetCallHistory(CallButlerAuthInfo authInfo)
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink._PrivateProcessMessage(IntPtr md, Object[] args, Object server, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext, Object[]& outArgs)
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.PrivateProcessMessage(RuntimeMethodHandle md, Object[] args, Object server, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext, Object[]& outArgs)
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.SyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext)

Exception rethrown at [0]:
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
   at WOSI.CallButler.ManagementInterface.ICallButlerManagementInterface.GetCallHistory(CallButlerAuthInfo authInfo)
   at WOSI.CallButler.Manager.ViewControls.SummaryView.OnLoadData()
   at WOSI.CallButler.Manager.ViewControls.ViewControlBase.LoadData()
------------------------------------------------------------------
Can you please let me know how to fix this problem.

Thanks,
Dmitriy

Coordinator
Oct 25, 2008 at 4:56 AM
Can you go to File, Connect, Connect to this computer?

That should connect you to the local host
Oct 25, 2008 at 5:29 PM
That's the first thing I tried, and it gives the same error. I also tried reinstalling the program but it didn't help.
Oct 29, 2008 at 2:54 AM
Completely uninstall call butler and delete the callbutler directory in program files, then reinstall it.
Oct 30, 2008 at 6:52 PM
done that too... didn't help... I finally managed to get it to work on another machine. But got another problem.

I have connected several Cisco 7960G phones to the system. It was working fine for about an hour. After that some phones became unresponsive (I couldn't place an outbound call or call to another extension), but they still showed active in Callbutler Manager. I again reinstalled the system, tried with all possible settings and got the same result. May be the phones are not compatible with the Callbutler or may be I have some interfearance in the network while phones are trying to communicate with the system.. still can't figure that out...

Oct 31, 2008 at 3:03 PM
I'm guessing you switched those phones over to the SIP image listed here http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/phones/ps379/products_tech_note09186a0080094584.shtml

Are all your extensions local?

Windows Firewall disabled on the box running CB?
Oct 31, 2008 at 3:04 PM
Put CB in debug mode and copy and paste the trace of SIP messages when the phones are "not" working, but are showing as working.
Nov 3, 2008 at 7:33 PM
Yes we have updated them with the latest SIP firmware.

All extensions were local and Windows Firewall was off. I have tried all the different settings and on three different servers.

I have reinstalled the system again and surprisingly it was running for about 36 hours with no errors, but after half of the phone became unresponsive again. At that point I gave up, and switched to trixbox. Callbutler is a great PBX for machines based on windows, easy to operate system, but didn't work for me.  Thanks for all your support.