Problem Connecting to External Phone number!!

Dec 28, 2008 at 6:57 AM
Hi I am new to CallButler.  I got CallCentric Pay as you go. I am kidda struck on Configuration.

While configuring it, when I transfer call to a external number...it says

"There appears a problem in reaching this number"

and it doesnt complete the call. If I try to redirect to an Extension which is again redirected to a external number, it goes directly to Voicemail afta sum music.....buh the Destination number rings still and you hear nothing.

I totally stuck in between and it doesnt work fo me :(

Your help will be appriciated! Thanks

Coordinator
Dec 29, 2008 at 4:40 PM
CallCentric separates the inbound and outbound plans to allow you to customize a plan that best meets your needs.  Do you have an outbound plan (would be required to transfer a call to an external number)?
Dec 29, 2008 at 6:53 PM
Hi Mikey,

I got a Pay as you Call plan which is a outbound Plan. Is there sumthng to do with No. of channels or anythng lik tht cous it. 

I call in the Number(1647-367-1182)>Goes to the Welcome Message>Press 1 for a External number>   Error Message "There appears a problem in reaching this number"
Coordinator
Dec 29, 2008 at 7:16 PM
It could be something as simple as your outbound plan not being linked to your inbound number or a billing problem.  I would try to diagnose where the problem is occuring. First, see if you can transfer to an internal extension - if you don't have an IP phone, use a free soft phone like Counterpath's X-Lite http://www.counterpath.com/x-lite.html&active=4.  From the X-Lite, try making an outbound call.  This should identify where your issue is occurring. 
Dec 30, 2008 at 3:49 AM
Edited Dec 30, 2008 at 3:51 AM
Hi Mikey,

I did a transfer to an internal extension which was again forwarded to an external Phone Number and yeh it works fine without any problem.

But the main problem is Forwarding to a External number Directly without actually adding any extension and thts the place where i am having problems.If tht works, things will be more easy and simple.

Also I tried the Call Centric Soft phone which works perfectly fine. I can do both inbound and outbound without any problem.
Coordinator
Dec 30, 2008 at 7:12 PM
Ahh - the issue is that CallCentric does not support unattended call transfers (which is what you are trying to do).  The easy solution is to set up an extension that includes the number you are looking to transfer to.  If you need to allow for dynamic transfer (e.g., have created a script that maybe prompts for a number and then transfers to that number), you will need to use a carrier that supports unattended call transfers.
Dec 30, 2008 at 7:35 PM
ohh kooool...thanks.

I will look for carriers that supports unattended call transfers or i guess its fine to have an internal extension and thn forward to an external number.

Thanks Again!!
Jan 2, 2009 at 5:18 AM
Hey Mikey,

The problem is still there. As I said, it works when i add an internal extension which is again forwarded to an External Number. **IT ONLY WORKS FOR SELECTED NUMBERS**
only 1 out of 5 numbers is connected without any problem and I can hear the other side without any problem.
For other External numbers; 
Caller's call is forwarded to an external number and that external phone rings but when I pick it up, I dont hear anythng and
On Caller Side, CB plays the music and then redirect to Voicemail after 20 secs as if NOBODY picked the external Phone.

I asked Callcentric about the codec and they said to Use G711u/PCMU for calls to the PSTN(standard telephone line) which is already there in CB(PCMu).

Any Idea?
Nov 29, 2009 at 11:28 AM

k21karan, have you managed to sort out your problem?