Query Database..What database?

Jan 7, 2009 at 2:25 AM
What kind of database can we use for the dial by name directory.
Jan 7, 2009 at 4:44 PM
Hey Trevor - the dial by name directory uses an internal database.  You would need to change the code to use an external database - which might be very cool as an option if you're eager to roll those sleeves up.
Jan 8, 2009 at 3:38 AM
Hey Mikey or anybody I was working with Trevor on this database thing. We can't query the internal database how do we make this work.
Jan 12, 2009 at 5:38 AM
Well technically you can query the internal database. It's just an XML file that gets stored in the \data directory and you could read it yourself. However, the problem comes to changing it. CallButler will only read from this file when it boots up so any changes you make to it during runtime won't get read until CB restarts. Otherwise you would have to do what Mikey says and modify the script that CallButler uses (in the scripts\system directory) to do what you want.
Jan 12, 2009 at 2:10 PM
Thanks but we have restarted the computer and call butler it doesn't seem to be able to read the internal database can you provide help to have it read the employee directory with the name and extensions that we have in the system.I have tried it with expert mode off and on. What is the proper scripting path it that matters.I'll add some more info in a second