Large Call Centre Departments

Jan 7, 2009 at 7:58 AM
Hello,

I am attempting to setup CallButler in a 450 seat call centre.  The system will be installed on a quad radious server controller.

In our call centre users are given a number of options when they call in such as press 1 for sales, press 2 for new customers, press 3 for queries, press 4 for faults or press 5 for any other queries.

If the user presses one, they should then get another list of options such as press 1 for business sales, press 2 for consumer sales, press 3 to track a previous order, press 4 to cancel a previous order.

How do i set this up in callbutler, i only have the options to the standard options, i.e telephone number, extension, run a script etc etc.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Scott.
Jan 7, 2009 at 4:42 PM
It's very easy to create multiple or nested IVR trees with your CallButler PBX. 

In you CallFlow, go to the Dial an Option section (far right) and click on "Add a new option".  For that option, you will want to run a script.  You will create this script using the inTeliScript IVR editor.  There are some sample scripts that you can use as a template in the directory Program Files\CallButler\Scripting\Sample Scripts.  You might want to use the Simple Auto Attendant.xml file as a guide.  The new script will be very simple.  One a page, you will have ACTIONS text to speech or recorded greetings that say "Press 1 for business sales", etc.  You will also have EVENTS (things you want CallButler to "listen" for).  Namely, you will want to create events for "On Number Pressed", "On Invalid Entry" and "On Timeout".  For the "On Number Pressed" events, enter the number you want CallButler to listen for (e.g., 1) and what you want CallButler to do when it "hears" a 1.  You do this by adding an action under the event.  In this case, you would add a "Transfer call" action and provide an extension or number you want to transfer to.  You can test your script by using the Debug menu at the top of the inTeliScript IVR editior.  Once you are done, save the script - suggest saving to your Service directory.  Just make sure that the CallFlow option references the right script.

This may sound complicated but is actually quite easy.  Once you create a script or two you'll be well on your way.
Jan 12, 2009 at 5:44 AM
scott,

We are actually working on another product (based on some components from CallButler) that is designed for much higher volume IVR systems. If you're interested, I can have of our people contact you with more information.

-alpha
Jan 23, 2009 at 2:57 PM

Hello,

Sorry for the delayed reply.

When you say your working on, do yo mean you are developing a commercial product or another open source product.

My current remit it to find, install and prove that open source \ freely available software is a viable solution to the payed for incarnations.

My only issue at the moment with call butler is the lack of interactive call routing features, i.e. a call looping back on itselfs visually so for example if the user has not pressed a menu item in x amounts of seconds, you can visually see that it loops back on the diagram, rather than just a scripting link.

Cheers.

Jan 23, 2009 at 2:57 PM

Hello,

Sorry for the delayed reply.

When you say your working on, do yo mean you are developing a commercial product or another open source product.

My current remit it to find, install and prove that open source \ freely available software is a viable solution to the payed for incarnations.

My only issue at the moment with call butler is the lack of interactive call routing features, i.e. a call looping back on itselfs visually so for example if the user has not pressed a menu item in x amounts of seconds, you can visually see that it loops back on the diagram, rather than just a scripting link.

Cheers.