Callbutler problems and info needed! please..

Jan 10, 2009 at 8:42 PM
Hey all,

im searching for couple things,,

im running callbutler on my system with a good VOIP provider
but now im looking for a good IP Phone that will work with callbutler
and also.. sometimes when i press for example 1 or 2 it will not work afther i hear the choices menu
and how can i make the time between pressing 1 or 2 or 3 to an extension quicker? like when i press 2 for voicemail i hear 5 to 8 seconds nothing and then i hear the voicemail

thanks

Coordinator
Jan 12, 2009 at 4:35 AM
menno,

To answer your questions:

1) I really like the Linksys SPA for a good ip phone.
2) As for the pause in going to the voicemail, there are two things to look at. 1) do you have any hold music to play during the pause? 2) most likely during this 5-8 seconds CallButler is trying to make an outbound call. Do you have CallButler trying to call you at a phone number before it takes a voicemail?

-alpha
Jan 12, 2009 at 8:10 AM
hey,
well

many times when i press for example "9"  then the extension of the voicemail will come up but 7 of 10 times it is 5 to 8 seconds silence and then it says.. "if you like to continue this call press 1"    or it take 5 tot 8 seconds the voicemail is coming up

ive no phone connected and no other extensions.. also i dont hear any music.. i dont no where to set it also

Jan 18, 2009 at 4:45 PM
I had something similar: Here is what I noticed:

Check in your call flow... and make sure that you have a greeting.  If not sure, change it to text to speech.  Type a few sentences in there... See if that helps.  Did for me.