Extension routing has stopped working

Jan 12, 2009 at 11:30 PM
Hi,

I have had Callbutler set up for about a year now and it was all running fine but all of a sudden it is not routing calls to the extensions anymore.  When you call, the auto-attendant answers and gives options but whether you dial the extension directly or press on eof the numbers that an option, all you get is a message that says "hmmm, I could not understand you, please try again" then it routes you back to the beginning of the original message giving you options.  If you try it on the test phone on Callbulter it works fine so I know that the extension numbers are all still set up right.  I can't figure out why it suddenly isn't working.  Any thoughts or something I can try to fix this are appreciated.
Jan 13, 2009 at 1:47 PM
Can you ask your VoIP provider if they did something recently and changed the way they handle DTMF?
Jan 13, 2009 at 4:38 PM

Thanks for taking the time to respond.  My Voip provider is Teliax and I have sent them an email.  I tried calling but they seem to be having a similar problem to mine.  The Autoattendant comes on but when you press an option it just hangs up so I can’t get through.  Hopefully they will email me back.

From: Alphamacaroon [mailto:notifications@codeplex.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 13, 2009 6:48 AM
To: christinamercy@gmail.com
Subject: Re: Extension routing has stopped working [callbutler:44043]

From: Alphamacaroon

Can you ask your VoIP provider if they did something recently and changed the way they handle DTMF?

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (callbutler@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email callbutler@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Jan 14, 2009 at 6:48 PM
Over the weekend, Teliax implemented new software on all 4 proxy servers; Denver, New York, Atlanta and Los Angeles.  Previously, New York and Atlanta were running a different config than Denver and Los Angeles.  The update, per Teliax, was to level set the servers and adhere to the RFC standards.  I am in the process of porting my numbers over to CallCentric now due to Teliax's inability to provide stable service.