Cisco 7940 Phones

Jan 17, 2009 at 6:59 PM
Has anyone had any success with these phones and call butler?  If so can someone post the network configuration?  There is a Proxy URL section, however I am unable to edit this field.  Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Sean
Jan 17, 2009 at 8:16 PM
K after some research it would appear that these phones need to be made SIP capable by downloading a file POS30100.bin (Firmware) and upgrading the phone.  I'm attempting to get this file, however you have to be a Cisco reseller to do so apparently.  (What a pain!).  I'll let you know how I proceed and post the steps here as someone else may want to know in future.
Mar 26, 2009 at 8:50 PM
Just as a follow up, I've managed to get this phone working with call butler after many attempts and several weeks and trying.  Contact me and I'll send you the updated SIP firmware and the procedure that I used. 

I'm now having trouble getting the message button to work so it will retrieve voicemails when pressed.  Anyone had any luck with this for the Cisco 7940?
Mar 26, 2009 at 9:01 PM
Never mind I found it, you have to change the Message URI in the SIP settings to reflect the extension number.  Easy......