did you guys fix the mp3 recording problem?

Jan 26, 2009 at 5:19 PM
I remember you said there was a bug in the mp3 recording.

Was it fixed in the new version?

thanks

al costa
rio de janeiro
brazil
Feb 5, 2009 at 1:37 PM
well is it fixed? :)
Coordinator
Feb 7, 2009 at 8:16 PM
Galonga,

No we never fixed the issue. It's mostly because technically we have to license MP3 in order to use it to record and it's expensive. Also the library that we were using only allowed one stream at a time to be recorded. We've been trying to keep our eyes out for a multi-threaded open source encoder but can't really find one. Perahaps it's something the open source community here may be interested in investigating more.

-alph
Feb 7, 2009 at 9:11 PM
Alph

Thanks for the info.

I think it kinda sucks when the mkt people sells a software saying that it does something when it does not and maybe would never do because of financial strains. I'm saying that because we paid for the software, and only now that is free we find out that the mp3 recording maybe would never work. :)

But hell that's life, never mind. :P

On the other hand, we've had many problems with codecs. If we choose the wrong one the IVR stops working:

Try to call (55-21) 3005-3717 and you'll see if works. Now dial (55-21) 4063-6111 and you'll see you don't get the "dial 1 for this 2 for that options".

Both numbers point to the same server, but the first is thru the "tmais" voip operator and the second is thru "vono": both thru a telefonica ISP.
Feb 7, 2009 at 10:12 PM
Hiya Alpha & Mike : )

Hope all is well. The main point some on here forget is that you did not have to make CallButler open source, In fact you could have just "shut shop" and walked (aussie slang)  I also paid for my version and as a paying consumer i am glad that you stuck by your past customers and placed CallButler on open source and are still here today supporting us with your product.

Yourself and Mike always offered fantastic support to us with CallButler. I have also been through "financil strains" as it has been put, and realise that it is difficult to have that happen and still be here today offering support. Keep up the good work" i still read all the posts He He
Cheers & Best Wishes To Jim & Mike

David & Suzanne

http://supremeresurfacing.com.au
Feb 7, 2009 at 11:52 PM
Glad I said "mkt people", which I'm pretty sure mickey and alph were not.

And I do indeed agree that if it wasn't for their gratuitous help we'd be pretty fucked (international slang), and for that I'm truly thankful. :)

On the other hand, I seem to remember this gentleman as someone long ago who only made personal attacks, did not help, and even suggested a completely wrong answer. I hope it's not the same. :P
Feb 8, 2009 at 12:43 AM
Hi Again,

Galonga yeppers it me lol while i feel uninclined to respond i will anyhow !! We are all in this together as a community and yes i have given a few wrong answers, however that is how to get results as we all have different issues with our pc,s opperating systems ect. The only reason i may or may not have made a personal attack to your fine self was in response to your attack on the developers, that all now being in the past lets all work together to make the product the best out there.

Hope the weather in Brazil is all good and lets be "mates" (aussie slang)

Cheers
David

http://supremeresurfacing.com.au

: )
Feb 8, 2009 at 2:19 AM
Edited Feb 8, 2009 at 2:27 AM
agreed totally, mate: anyone who comes from a country that has women like Nicole Kidman is my friend :)

cheers!! :)