Unable to install

Feb 17, 2009 at 3:45 PM
I've tried several times to install all versions of CallButler on Windows 2000 Pro and Windows 2000 Server with no success. When the installer gets to the part that it must start the service, it fails:

Service 'CallButler Service' (CallButler Service) failed to start. Verify that you have sufficient priveliges to start system services.

I also see several messages in the event log from Perflib, Loadperf, CallButler Service and WinMgt. Each message is repeated a few times. They are:
From Perflib:

The configuration information of the performance library "C:\WINNT\system32\w3ctrs.dll" for the "W3SVC" service does not match the trusted performance library information stored in the registry. The functions in this library will not be treated as trusted.

From Loadperf:

Performance counters for the CallButler Service service were loaded successfully. The Record Data contains the new index values assigned to this service.

From CallButler Service:

Service cannot be started. System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80040154): Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {96749377-3391-11D2-9EE3-00C04F797396} failed due to the following error: 80040154.

at CallButler.Service.Services.ManagementInterfaceService.Initialize(CallButlerService cbService, CallButlerDataProviderBase dataProvider, TelecomProviderBase telecomProvider, ScriptService scriptService, PluginManager pluginManager, PBXRegistrarService registrarService, VoicemailService vmService)

at CallButler.Service.CallButlerService.CreateManagementChannels()

at CallButler.Service.CallButlerService.OnStart(String[] args)

at System.ServiceProcess.ServiceBase.ServiceQueuedMainCallback(Object state)

From WinMgmt:

WMI ADAP was unable to load the ASP.NET performance library because it returned invalid data: 0x0

From WinMgmt:

WMI ADAP was unable to load the ASP.NET_2.0.50727 performance library because it returned invalid data: 0x0

Anyone have any idea what I might be doing wrong? I sure could use some help.
Thanks in advance.
Coordinator
Feb 19, 2009 at 10:46 PM
ac,

Windows 2000 is a nasty beast when it comes to installing CallButler, but it can be done. A couple of things:

1) Do you have the .NET Framework 2.1 or higher installed?
2) Do you have the SAPI 5.1 components installed (Speech Recognition and Text To Speech)? (You can download from http://cepstral.com/downloads/public/other/SAPI_5.1_installer.msi)

-jim
Feb 20, 2009 at 4:26 AM

Jim,

Thanks for your reply.

I don't find a .net framework 2.1 on Microsoft. I have .net framework 2.0 SP1 installed (v2.0.50727). That's the latest version I can find.

I downloaded and installed SAPI, but, no change.

I'll keep looking for the .net framework 2.1. Maybe you might know where I can find it on the Microsoft site?

Thanks again. I appreciate your help.

Ed

Coordinator
Feb 20, 2009 at 3:53 PM
Microsoft's download site is http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/

You will need to upgrade .net framework to a version above .net 2.0
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=ab99342f-5d1a-413d-8319-81da479ab0d7
Feb 21, 2009 at 4:54 AM
Mikey,

Thanks for your response.

I wish it were that easy, but, 3.0 and up (your link was to 3.5 SP1) do not install on Windows 2000. 

If you know where I can find the version 2.1 that Jim referenced, I appreciate it if you'd let me know.

Thanks again.

Ed