Conference Bridge

Feb 27, 2009 at 3:51 PM
Is there a way that internal extensions can join a conference bridge?
Coordinator
Mar 2, 2009 at 3:17 AM
rcanaday,

If you dial * from an internal extension it will take you to the main auto-attendant menu where you should be able to join it just like another caller. Let me know if this doesn't work for you.
Mar 2, 2009 at 8:43 PM
Alphamacaroon thanks for the response, but there is no way to enter the conference from the main menu. I have a cust call configuration that when someone dials a certain number it just runs the bridge add-on. And this works great. I just need people internal to be able to join that bridge without having to dial out and back in.
Coordinator
Mar 3, 2009 at 4:22 AM
Did Alpha's response not answer your question?  If an internal extension picks up their phone and dials *, they will go to the main menu.  From there, they can enter the code that you set up to access the conference bridge.  Note: this will not consume any of your VoIP channels.
Mar 3, 2009 at 2:49 PM
Edited Mar 3, 2009 at 2:50 PM
Mikey,
I must be missing something here. I am never prompted to create any access code. Maybe this requires some programming that I have not done. When a person call a number from from the outside it runs the add-on. There is currently no menu, so when the person press 1, they get the recording to join the conference. That is it. So internal don't get this option. I hope this explains it.