I cann't install callbutler on vista ultimate

Jul 30, 2009 at 5:18 PM

I tried to install callbutler on windows vista but it fail when the installer try to start service, and show the following message:

(Service 'CallButler Service' (CallButler Service) fail to start. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to start system service.)

You should know that i'm login as administrator. and .Net framework 2.0 ,3.0, and 3.5 installed.

I tried to run the install file as administrator. but the proplem not solved.

Help me please.

Jul 30, 2009 at 5:40 PM

Aalzehla,

It sounds like the CallButler installation completed OK, but it is failing trying to autostart the CallButler Manager.  Try setting the CallButler Manager to 'run as an administrator' (even though you are already logged in as an administrator).  Locate the file 'CallButler Manager.exe', probably located at 'C:\Program Files\CallButler Open Source PBX\Management'.  Right click and select Properties.  On the Compatibility tab check the box 'Run this program as an administrator', then click OK.  Now try running the CallButler Manager from the start menu and see if the service starts OK.  I hope this helps.

Pat

Jul 30, 2009 at 6:58 PM

thank you pat for your post.

but the problem is still.

when i checked the event view i found this error:

Service cannot be started. System.FormatException: An invalid IP address was specified.

at System.Net.IPAddress.InternalParse(String ipString, Boolean tryParse)

at System.Net.IPAddress.Parse(String ipString)

at WOSI.NET.SIP.TransportLayer.UpdateLocalAddressBinding(String newAddress)

at WOSI.NET.SIP.TransportLayer.Initialize()

at WOSI.NET.SIP.TransportLayer..ctor(Int32 localPort)

at WOSI.NET.SIP.SIPClient..ctor(Int32 localPort)

at WOSI.NET.SIP.VoipSipClient..ctor(Int32 localPort)

at WOSI.NET.inTELIPhone.inTELIPhoneClient.InitializeSIPClient()

at WOSI.NET.inTELIPhone.inTELIPhoneClient.Initialize()

at WOSI.NET.inTELIPhone.inTELIPhoneClient..ctor(Int32 sipPort, Int32 lineCount, NATTraversalType natTraversalType, String stunServer)

at CallButler.Telecom.inTELIPhoneTelecomProvider..ctor(ToolStripMenuItem contextMenu, NotifyIcon notifyIcon, Object[] initializationParams)

at CallButler.Service.CallButlerService.Initialize()

at CallButler.Service.CallButlerService.StartService(String[] args...