unable to connect to a callbutler server

Aug 7, 2009 at 3:32 PM

please i need help, i can not connect to a callbutler server.

i just installed the program, but maybe i am missing something.

thanks in advance for your help 

John

Aug 8, 2009 at 12:26 AM

John in the callbutler "security settings" in settings create a password and then when you sign in to callbutler when it asks for "server" type "Localhost" or your ip address and then insert your password that you created in "security settings" hope this helps

Cheers

David

Aug 8, 2009 at 12:28 PM

hello David,

Thanks you for your help, but how can i access to "security settings", if i not connected.

when i try to connect i have this error: (the callbutler service does not appear to be installed on this computer. if it is installed, you may need to start the service manually.)

i checked in my windows service and callbuelter service is running.

i dont know what to do.

thanks in advance for your help

Aug 8, 2009 at 9:01 PM

maybe i missing this and i dont know how tro do it.

"In order to debug CallButler in VS.NET you'll need to start the CallButler Service.exe with the command line argument, "-a" (without the quotes). This will start CallButler as a desktop application as opposed to a Windows Service. You can specify command line arguments in the Properties for the CallButler Service project."

Sep 10, 2009 at 2:36 AM

In the Call Butler Service Project you can click on the properties folder. This will give you access to all Application/Build/Debug Settings.

If you select the Debug tab on the left you will see Start Options.

In the command line arguments simply put in -A (This will set call butler to start as a desktop application)

Now you can debug. Please remember there is a read me file in the solution items folder that has specific instructions to register required Compnents.